[Air-L] got a story about frustrations of research using old or archived software?

sally at sally.com sally at sally.com
Fri Sep 29 15:42:37 PDT 2017

   Hi Patricia,

   One of these happened just today:

   Adobe Premiere Pro software used to enable wav file to text
   translation. But they took it out. It is still possible to convert a
   wav to text in Premiere Pro using version 7.2 or less, but 7.2 or less
   requires an OS that will run 7.2, not 11. I run 11 on an updated Mac
   OS, thus, I cannot install the version, thus I cannot use the feature,
   thus I can no longer easily get a quick snapshot transcription, unless
   I "downgrade" my machine, which isn't possible due to OS issues with
   other software.

   The capability is available in an archived version, but circumstances
   requiring upgrades have made this not useful.

   Hope this helps,

   Sally

   Sally Applin, Ph.D.
   Samsung Research America
   Intelligence Innovation Lab (Contract until 13 Oct. 2017)
   University of Kent, Canterbury, UK
   School of Anthropology and Conservation
   Centre for Social Anthropology and Computing
   Associate Editor, IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
   Member, IoT Council
   Board Member: The Edward H. and Rosamond B. Spicer Foundation

   [1]http://www.sally.com

   [2]http://www.posr.org

   Seeking a full-time position in company, start-up, research group, or
   university. My research examines human communication and co-adaptation
   to algorithms and automated processes. Find me at [3]sally at sally.com