[Air-L] Donations for the Mobile Gaming Research Lab

Adriana de Souza e Silva aasilva at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 27 06:39:33 PDT 2017

***apologies for cross-postings***

The Mobile Gaming Research Lab is housed at the NCSU Department of Communication and is concerned with the study of all types of mobile games and devices. One of our goals is to create an archaeological collection of artifacts (mobile gaming, consoles, mobile phones etc.) for permanent display at the University.

We are writing to solicit donations of equipment (hardware and/or software) for the Lab.

We are looking for:
- Historically relevant hardware, such as handheld game consoles, mobile phones and GPS devices used to play mobilegames (e.g., Game Boy, N-Gage, Apple iPhone 3GS, early flip phones, etc.) A few examples here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/183679/evolution_of_portable_gaming.html <https://www.pcworld.com/article/183679/evolution_of_portable_gaming.html>
- Historically relevant mobile games (including location-based games) and emulators for playing these games (snake, tetris, etc.)

We hope this project will contribute to mobile gaming and mobile communication scholarship by preserving key hardware and software before these critical pieces of mobile history are lost to entropic decay and disuse.

If you have anything to donate to our lab, please contact Dr. de Souza e Silva directly at aaasilva at ncsu.edu <mailto:aaasilva at ncsu.edu>. And if you are not sure about what to donate, please write as well.

Sincerely,

Adriana de Souza e Silva, Lab Director

Research Assistants:
Claire Carrington, MS in Communication
Charles Ecenbarger, CRDM program
Justin Grandinetti, CRDM program
Eddie Lohmeyer, CRDM program

PS: Should the donor want credit for their donation, we can provide that through a gift-in-kind receipt. If someone does want gift-in-kind credit, their name, name of what was donated, and an estimated value of the gift should be sent to us and we will request that credit be given.  The donor will be issued a tax receipt -- but there will be no value listed on the receipt.  It will be up to the donor to provide that when they submit their tax forms.  However, a credit amount will be noted on their giving record based on the estimated value of the donation.
Adriana de Souza e Silva, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
NC State University
http://www.souzaesilva.com <http://www.souzaesilva.com/>