[Air-L] Definitions for Social Media Sites

Antonello Bocchino antonello.bocchino at my.westminster.ac.uk
Thu Sep 28 12:33:24 PDT 2017

Hello Rebecca,

One definition of social media I found helpful was from Graham Meikle’s
book:

“networked database platforms that combine public with personal
communication”.

Meikle*, Social Media: Communication, Sharing and Visibility* (2016:6)

Best,

Antonello

On 09/25/2017 12:23 PM, Hayes, Rebecca M wrote:
> First of all I have found this group to be an amazing resource. So thank
you.

> Second, I am a criminologist who researches social media, so I am still
learning. That said, I am looking for a good and trusted academic resource
for definitions for social media sites. It could be a book, or a website,
but I am attempting to provide appropriate definitions for reddit, 4chan,
YikYak, etc.