[Air-L] Job: "Internet and Emerging Technologies Researcher" at Nesta (deadline 24/4!)

Katja Bego katja.bego at nesta.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 04:45:27 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm very excited to announce that Nesta (London) is hiring a researcher to
come join us to work on the EU Engineroom project.

This is a really exciting role for an early career researcher to become
involved in shaping the European Commission's Next Generation Internet
initiative, which seeks to build a more democratic, resilient and inclusive
internet by 2025. You'd be helping out with setting the research agenda of
the programme, with a particular focus on imaging different possible
futures for the internet.

You'd be working in a dynamic team working on a whole range of projects on
topics like digital social innovation, AI regulation, decentralised data
governance and data commons, fake news, digital democracy and technology
foresight.

A lot more detail about the role and application process here:
https://www.nesta.org.uk/jobs/researcher-internet-and-emerging-technologies-next-generation-internet-engineroom-project

Quick details:
** Deadline: **Tuesday, April 24 !!!*
** Job title: *Internet and Emerging Technologies Researcher
** Contract type: *1-year, but with possible extension.
** Location: *London, UK
** Hours: *Full-time (though can be discussed)
** Salary: *£28-34K
** Start date:* ASAP, but can be discussed.

*The candidate:* You will have a relevant postgraduate degree in fields
like STS and internet studies, economics, political science, law, computer
science or data science. This role is quite dynamic, and can be adapted to
the profile of the candidate (both quantitative and qualitative research
backgrounds considered).

Of course *feel free to share this opportunity with your students/recent
graduates* as well if you think this opportunity might be of interest.

Do get in touch if you have any questions!

Katja

*About Nesta:  Nesta is a global innovation foundation. We back new ideas
to tackle the big challenges of our time. Our mission is to spark and shape
new ideas that improve how the world works for everyone. We use our
knowledge, networks, funding and skills - working in partnership with
others, including governments, businesses and charities. We are a UK
charity but work all over the world, supported by a financial endowment. *

--
Katja Bego | Data Science Researcher, Explorations team, Coordinator EU
Engineroom

--

				58 Victoria Embankment
				London

				www.nesta.org.uk
<http://www.nesta.org.uk/> |				 				Newsletter
<http://www.nesta.org.uk/newsletter_signup> |				 				Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/nesta_uk> |				 				LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1868227&goback=%2Egdr_1274367066783_1>
|				 				Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NESTA/116788428355432?v=wall&ref=sgm>

This email and any attachments are confidential and may be 				subject to
legal privilege. Any use, copying or disclosure other 				than by the
intended recipient is unauthorised. If you have 				received this message
in error, please notify the sender 				immediately via				 				+44 (0)20
7438 2500 or by email to				 				information at nesta.org.uk
<mailto:information at nesta.org.uk> and delete this message and any
copies from your computer and network. The views expressed in 				this
email are those of the author and do not necessarily 				reflect the views
of Nesta. Nesta is a company limited by 				guarantee and registered in
England and Wales with company 				number 7706036 and charity number
1144091. Registered as a 				charity in Scotland number SC042833.
Registered office: 58 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DS.