[Air-L] Call for Submissions: Teaching and Research with Archives (June 15, 2018 Deadline)

Communication @JITP communication at jitpedagogy.org
Fri Apr 20 08:57:42 PDT 2018

*The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, *a peer-reviewed
open-access academic journal, is now open for submissions for its special
14th issue
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=a0bfee9fc7&e=1ce6d1fda3>
on* Teaching and Research with Archives*, with a deadline of *June 15, 2018*.
This issue will be co-edited by Jojo Karlin, (CUNY Graduate Center),
Stephen Klein, (Digital Service Librarian, CUNY Graduate Center), and
Danica Savonick (CUNY Graduate Center).

Digital technologies have prompted renewed attention to archival research
and teaching practices, creating new opportunities for engaging primary
sources, while also raising ethical questions about how archives are
created, organized, shared, accessed, and preserved.

For this themed issue, JITP seeks scholarly work exploring how archival
technologies and methodologies influence teaching, learning, and research.
How do scholars locate authoritative information and guarantee continued
access in the current media landscape? How do we teach undergraduate
students best methods for performing archival research and evaluating
sources presented digitally? Other topics can include, but are not
exclusive to:

   - the use of digital technologies and techniques to facilitate archival
   research and construction
   - pedagogies of archival research in the undergraduate classroom
   - collaborations among faculty, archivists, and students
   - explorations of access, equity, sustainability, integration, and
   preservation
   - relationships among archives, institutions, and publics
   - the ethics of archival research methods
   - the place of archives (public, academic, digital)
   - material intersections of administration, preservation, and
   dissemination

We invite and encourage both textual and multimedia (please see these
guidelines)
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=2fcf7e51d9&e=1ce6d1fda3>
submissions employing interdisciplinary and creative approaches in the
humanities, sciences, and social sciences. Besides scholarly papers, the
submissions can consist of audio or visual presentations and interviews,
dialogues, or conversations; creative/artistic works; manifestos; or other
scholarly materials.

All work appearing in JITP is reviewed by the issue editors and
independently by two scholars in the field who provide formative feedback
to the author(s) during the review process. We practice signed, as opposed
to blind, peer review. We intend that the journal itself—both in our
process and in our digital product—serve as an opportunity to reveal,
reflect on, and revise academic publication and classroom practices.

As a courtesy to our reviewers, we will not consider simultaneous
submissions, but we will do our best to reply to you within three months of
the submission deadline. The expected length for finished manuscripts is
under 5,000 words. All work should be original and previously unpublished.
Essays or presentations posted on a personal blog may be accepted, provided
they are substantially revised; *please contact us with any questions at *
editors at jitpedagogy.org.

For further information on style and formatting, accessibility
requirements, and multimedia submissions, consult JITP’s accessibility
guidelines
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=45f223f95e&e=1ce6d1fda3>,
style guide
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=0fc78d2368&e=1ce6d1fda3>
and multimedia submission guidelines
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=80d6728d23&e=1ce6d1fda3>
.

*Important Dates*

The submission deadline for full manuscripts is *June 15, 2018*. Please
view our submission guidelines
<https://cuny.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2d55d162acd43cdb3525dd014&id=ee948905b7&e=1ce6d1fda3>
for information about submitting to the Journal.