[Air-L] research on memes

Viktor Chagas viktor at midia.uff.br
Sat Apr 21 11:20:50 PDT 2018

Dearest All

I and my research group have been working on internet memes since 2011 in
Brazil. My main concern is on political memes, strategical uses of internet
memes and grassroots actions. We've been mapping and collecting papers on
this subject since them and we have now a library of more than 900 works
(books, chapters, papers, thesis) from different countries and in different
languages. It is hosted in a project of our own called #MUSEUdeMEMES, or
#MEMEmuseum in a free translation. You can access the site here
(unfortunately only in Portuguese up to now): http://www.museudememes.com.br
-- and the bibliographical database here:
http://www.museudememes.com.br/referencias -- please feel free to circulate
it among other scholars. :)

Also we are preparing a collection now and we would be happy to share with
all the interested ones our call for papers. Articles will be translated to
portuguese and we do plan a forthcoming english edition in the future.
Please keep in touch if you want to know more about either the website
project or the book.

Cheers.
_

CV Lattes <http://lattes.cnpq.br/5832049847796420> + coLAB Research Group