[Air-L] Looking for literature on spam in online communities

Greenhalgh, Spencer Paul greenha6 at msu.edu
Wed Aug 1 10:56:09 PDT 2018

Hello all,

I’m beginning a project about the research and practical implications of spam in hashtag-based Twitter communities focused on education. I’d appreciate any suggestions for any work on spam, especially conceptual work (e.g., definitions of spam, taxonomies of different kinds of spam, etc.), since that seems to be harder to find than work on spam detection (though I’m also interested in that work as well).

Thank you!

Best,

Spencer

------
Spencer Greenhalgh, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Science
College of Communication and Information
University of Kentucky

spencergreenhalgh.com
twitter.com/spgreenhalgh