[Air-L] Job opening: Ross Beach Chair in Mass Communications, Kansas State University

Nikhil Moro nikhilmoro at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:33:54 PDT 2018

Dear AoIR colleagues, we are hiring! Please apply or nominate. Thank you.

Warm wishes,

Nikhil Moro, Ph.D.
Director, A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications
Kansas State University
104A Kedzie Hall
Manhattan, Kansas 66506-1501
785-532-1110 (voice)
jmc.k-state.edu

*Ross Beach Chair in Mass Communications*

*Rank:*Associate or full professor with
tenure                                                                 *Start
date:*August 12, 2019

he A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications seeks
an exceptional scholar of electronic media to research and teach media
audiences and analytics. The ideal candidate would be an expert with a
national reputation in at least two of the following scholarly
areas: audience and data analytics; social media applications in strategic
communications; virtual reality; and audio or video streaming. Scholars at
the cutting edge of closely related areas are welcome to apply, as well.

*Qualifications*

*Required: *

·       Earned doctorate in mass communications or a related field.

·       An established research agenda in audience or data analytics;
social media applications in strategic communications; virtual reality;
audio/video streaming; or related fields.

*Preferred:*

·      Relevant industry experience.

·      Record of externally funded research or grant writing.

·      Record of incorporating emerging technologies in the classroom.

·       Record of mentoring junior faculty and graduate students.

Qualified candidates should submit the following documents: a cover letter
describing how the candidate’s academic background, research agenda, and
professional experience meet the required and preferred qualifications for
the position, a curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of
three scholars who can speak to the candidate’s qualifications. Finalists
will be asked to submit a statement of teaching philosophy. For more
information about the position, please contact the search committee chair,
Dr. Raluca Cozma, at cozma at ksu.edu. <cozma at ksu.edu>Review of applications
starts *October 1, 2018*.

To apply, follow this link:
http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/504479/associate-professor.

*Why join us?*

Kansas State University is a comprehensive, land-grant R1 university with
an international reputation for excellence in research, undergraduate, and
graduate on-campus and online education, as well as extension and outreach. The
A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications, located in
Manhattan, Kansas,is nationally accredited and offers sequences of study in
strategic communication and in journalism and digital media. We offer a
master’s degree in mass communications, face-to-face and online. The school
houses one of the oldest media programs in the United States, with a
curricular heritage dating back to 1874. We are passionate in educating and
preparing our students for media careers that they can enjoy for a
lifetime. Visit our website: www.jmc.k-state.edu.

*About Ross Beach*

The late Ross B. Beach, Jr., was a 1940 Kansas State University graduate.
In addition to ranching, he owned businesses in the natural gas industry,
and flew naval aircraft during World War II. Beach was active in radio and
television development. He was named Kansan of the Year in 2001 by Native
Sons and Daughters of Kansas, a historical society. He received the
President’s Award from Kansas State University in 1989. The endowed chair
in mass communications is one of several Ross and Marianna Beach Foundation
commitments to support community organizations in the state.

*Equal Opportunity employment*

Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among
its employees.

###