[Air-L] Qualitative Research Methods Module/References

Marta Kołodziejska taure at interia.pl
Fri Aug 3 06:05:19 PDT 2018

Dear Dina,
Qualitative research is a very broad term, but if you're planning some kind
of introductory/overview course, I'd recommend checking out the following
books:

1. Qualitative Research: A Guide to Design and Implementation by Sharan B.
Merriam
2. Qualitative Data Analysis: A Methods Sourcebook by Matthew B. Miles
3. Visual Methodologies: An Introduction to Researching with Visual
Materials by Gillian Rose (which focuses only on visual materials, but it's
a great book for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge and
analytical skills in that domain).

In terms of software, I have used Atlas.ti for qualitative text analysis
and can recommend it as well. There's a free version you can download from
their website, they also have a short guidebook on how to use the
software's key functions and features. The free version of Atlas is rather
limited, but it should give you a basic insight into how the software
works.

Hope this is helpful, and good luck with the workshop!
Best,
Marta

Marta Kołodziejska