[Air-L] Country specific social media data

Gohar F. Khan gohar.feroz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 17:06:41 PDT 2018

Thank you for comments and suggestions Stu and Arkaitz.
I am currently experimenting with Discovertext, which certainly looks like
a very comprehensive tool.

Thank you,
Khan

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018 at 12:06 AM, Arkaitz Zubiaga <arkaitz at zubiaga.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 at 13:00, Shulman, Stu <stu at texifter.com> wrote:
>

> > Finally, Twitter. It is the best bet, but filtering by location data
> means
> > (not insignificantly) that you exclude the vast majority of Tweets from
> > your data.
>

> For Twitter you may want to check the country-level classifier we
> developed: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7913605/
>
> Code available here:
> https://github.com/azubiaga/tweet-country-classification
>
> This generalises very well to infer the country of origin on Twitter
> timelines with no/limited geolocation data.
>
> Arkaitz

*Khan,  Gohar PhD **/ **Senior Lecturer Digital Business /* *Undergraduate
and Graduate Convenor for Digital Business*

*Waikato Management School  **/**  University of Waikato*
 *Private Bag 3105*  */*  *Hamilton 3240*

*Ph: + 64 7 838 4233 **/*  *gohar.khan at waikato.ac.nz
<gohar.khan at waikato.ac.nz> **/ *Office: MSB.2.32D  */*  Web: gfkhan.
wordpress.com

Check out my book on social media analytics <http://7layersanalytics.com/>