[Air-L] The ethics of artificial intelligence

Michael T Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Mon Aug 6 21:09:41 PDT 2018

Hi Jill -

One group of scholars/practitioners in the US which is putting ethics up front in AI is the AI Now institute: https://ainowinstitute.org/

I discussed some of these efforts at the AoIR 2017 roundtable on "Artificial Intelligence and the Good Society” organized by Corinne Cath, with myself, Stine Lomborg, and Ben Zevenbergen. A summary  was published in Philosophy & Technology https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13347-018-0304-8

Michael

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Associate Professor, School of Information Studies

e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
t: @michaelzimmer
w: www.michaelzimmer.org