[Air-L] Social Media Organizational Strategies

David Stodolsky dss at secureid.net
Wed Dec 19 08:49:00 PST 2018

Mobilisational citizenship: sustainable collective action in underprivileged urban Chile

ABSTRACT
While academics have addressed the interaction between mobilisation and citizenship in a myriad of ways, none of them have used citizenship to explain the sustainability of collective action. Drawing on an ethnographic fieldwork in Santiago de Chile’s underprivileged neighbourhoods, this paper provides an analytical framework explaining how neighbourhood activists sustain mobilisation on the basis of citizenship construction despite Chile’s transitional and post-transitional stark political exclusion. This article calls this concept ‘mobilisational citizenship’. Building on the notion of rights-claiming, mobilisational citizenship explains how durable mobilisation results from the dynamic interaction between four factors: agentic memory, mobilising belonging, mobilising boundaries and decentralised protagonism. Through mobilisational citizenship, local residents politicise their neighbourhood, build autonomous local empowerment and self-define their political incorporation.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327177445_Mobilisational_Citizenship_Sustainable_Collective_Action_in_Underprivileged_Urban_Chile <https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327177445_Mobilisational_Citizenship_Sustainable_Collective_Action_in_Underprivileged_Urban_Chile>

> On 5 Dec 2018, at 14:57, Paulo Ferreira via Air-L <air-l at listserv.aoir.org> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> Good morning (if the case)
>
> I've a master student who wants to explore for her master thesis the use of
> social media from an organizational perspective, trying to identify their
> strategies, perceptions of use/utility/feedback and internal guidelines
> when dealing with social media channels.
>
> Can someone help and recommend some key literature on the subject?
> Thanks in advance
> Best regards
> Paulo Ferreira

David Stodolsky, PhD                   Institute for Social Informatics
Tornskadestien 2, st. th., DK-2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
dss at socialinformatics.org          Tel./Viber: +45 3095 4070