No subject

Wed Feb 21 10:19:42 PST 2018

Freshman:
The war seems to be something separate from school.
The news, media, horror, bombings, and Saddam Hussein
seem a million miles away. When I was home, that was
all I would pay attention to and now that I'm here I
haven't watched or heard anything about it.

Friend:
Is it that the war seems separate from school, or that
school has A Separate Peace?

Freshman:
I read that book (or part of it) in one of my English
classes in high school, though I regret that I don't
remember much of it.

I find peace at school and peace at home as far as my
well-being is concerned. Each kind is a different kind
of peace, but I feel comfortable in both.

But somehow things feel more real at home than they do
at college. At college it seems I can look out on the
world and say, "Uh huh, that's nice," when something
bad or good happens. That is what I seem to be doing
now as I look out at Iraq.