[Air-L] Seeking a short introduction text on technological determinism vs. SCOT

Glen.Fuller Glen.Fuller at canberra.edu.au
Sun Feb 18 14:45:43 PST 2018

Hi Carmel,

For a number of years I've used chapter 1 from Slack and Wise's Culture and Technology which is on the "Progress" narrative and a very a very patient introduction to critical engagements with culture and technology.

They've just published a second edition and I will use their new chapter 1 "The Power and Problem of Culture, The Power and Problem of Technology".

This is more like a primer for students to introduce the general field (and locate themselves reflexively with regards to their own use/devices/etc), then I explore specific theoretical approaches etc in subsequent weeks. You can also use their book for this.

https://www.peterlang.com/view/product/69002

Cheers,
Glen.