[Air-L] March 1st Priority Deadline for CMAP Applications

Gabriel Mugar gmugar at syr.edu
Tue Feb 13 05:39:38 PST 2018

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Engagement Lab at Emerson College is accepting applications for our Master of Arts degree program Civic Media: Art and Practice (CMAP) for fall 2018. The priority deadline to apply is March 1st, 2018. After this date, we’ll start accepting students on a rolling basis and awarding scholarships for the program.

We’re seeking interdisciplinary minded students and recent graduates who are scholars, entrepreneurs, socially engaged artists, civic leaders, and creative technologists to apply. We would love your help reaching anyone who is looking to refine their skills and position themselves more strongly in the field of civic media.

The core experience and outcomes of the 12-month CMAP program are centered around thesis projects. These creative works highlight the relationship of media, art, and practice and explore a wide range of approaches to the art & design of civic media, including participatory digital campaigns, mobile apps, public art installations, interactive curriculums, and virtual platforms. These projects bring to life the theories and practices that CMAP students explore in coursework throughout the year.

Alumni of CMAP are well positioned for the growing field of scholarship and applied work in civic media, including employment opportunities in government, community media, public media, non-governmental organizations, digital agencies, and cultural organizations. Past graduates of CMAP currently work in various job sectors and organizations where they apply the skills and knowledge gained from the program, including the Obama Foundation, Global Family Research Project, Harvard Kennedy School, and more.

You can learn more about CMAP here: <https://elab.emerson.edu/programs/cmap/> https://elab.emerson.edu/cmap, and more about the work we do at the Engagement Lab at Emerson College here: https://elab.emerson.edu/about.

Accepted Students day will be held on April 28th, 2018.

If you know someone who would be interested in CMAP, please share this email and ask them to reach out to paul_mihailidis at emerson.edu<mailto:paul_mihailidis at emerson.edu> for more information or to schedule a meeting to talk further.

Gabriel Mugar, Ph.D

Research Associate and Affiliate Faculty
Engagement Lab
Emerson College