[Air-L] Be part of the article collection on Big Data Ethics

Daniel Thomas daniel.thomas--airl at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 06:22:22 PST 2018

Would you like to submit an article to an interdisciplinary article
collection on "Big Data Ethics"?

In collaboration with the journals (Frontiers in) Genetics,
Pharmacology, Sociology, ICT, and Digital Humanities, we are organizing
an interdisciplinary article collection on "Big Data Ethics" (Guest
Editors: Dov Greenbaum, Daniel R. Thomas).  The aim of this project is
to bring together international experts to provide a comprehensive view
of this topic. Would you like to participate as a contributing author?

Manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by experts in the relevant field and,
if accepted for publication, will be free to access for all readers, and
indexed in relevant repositories.

This interdisciplinary collection is cross-listed across several
journals and so you will need to submit your article via the journal
relevant to your field so that your article is in scope of both the
collection and the journal.

The abstract submission deadline is 30th March but you do not have to
submit an abstract in advance, this is so that we can tell you if your
article seems to be in scope before you go to the trouble of writing it.
It will also help us ensure we get a balance of articles across
different disciplines by allowing us to spot any gaps. The manuscript
deadline is 31 August 2018 but you can submit before then and the review
and publication process will begin immediately. We aim to complete the
review process within 30 days and the journal average of time from
submission to publication is 90 days.

Further details can be found here:
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/7202/big-data-ethics

Frontiers is owned by the Nature publishing group and is not a scam
publisher.

Below my signature you will find some additional information. If you
have any questions on the project, please let me know.

I look forward to your reply.

With best regards,

Daniel R. Thomas
Guest Associate Editor, ELSI in Science and Genetics
https://www.frontiersin.org/

-------------------INFORMATION--------------------

Discover a selection of impactful Research Topics (part of Frontiers
latest Spotlight Award finalists:
https://blog.frontiersin.org/2017/05/01/finalists-announced-for-2017-spotlight-award/

As an author, you will:
• Participate in an article collection around a theme relevant to your
research
• Collaborate and grow your network by working with colleagues from
around the world
• Track your article impact in real-time with advanced impact metrics
• Benefit from the quality seal of rigorous, transparent and fast peer
review (conducted on all submissions)
• Increase the visibility of your research as part of a highly
discoverable content resource

E-BOOKS:
Frontiers will also compile an e-book (for collections with 10 or more
articles), as soon as all contributing articles are published. This can
be used as educational material, be sent to foundations that fund your
research, to journalists and press agencies, or to your professional
network. E-books are free to read and download.

FRONTIERS PUBLISHING FEES:
Manuscripts accepted for publication are subject to publishing fees,
which vary depending on the article type. Research Topic A type articles
receive a discount on publishing fees; please see here for a full fee
table, and further relevant FAQs:
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/publishing-fees

Please note, you may be eligible for Open Access fees support via your
institution: please see a list of available funding sources here:
http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/OA_publication_funds. Frontiers also has
central invoicing plans with many universities, see the list here:
https://www.frontiersin.org/about/institutional-membership.

https://www.frontiersin.org/Registration/Register.aspx

--
Dr Daniel R. Thomas