[Air-L] Civic Tech "World Tour" - Want to host a stop?

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Wed Feb 28 05:47:21 PST 2018

Over the years, I've had the honor to speak across scores of universities
about lessons and trends related to digital democracy and civic technology
from a practitioner perspective.

I joke that I share "what works" in practice and my academic friends then
say, "Yes, but does it also work in theory?"

Typically, I've been fiscally hosted by a government or some conference and
I've asked if I could also have a free open to all side event at a local
university. I value these exchanges tremendously.

So here is my looooong shot request ...

Based on my 7500+ member Civic Technology and Open Government Facebook
Group I am applying for the Facebook Community Leadership Program. They
will select five $1 million winners and 100 fellows who will receive $50K
to boost their online communities.

As part of my proposal, I am plotting a world tour to build the global
network city by city and to highlight great civic tech stories we can share
from local places to the world. The $1M version involves physical travel
and the $50K some virtual real-time travel.

If you'd like to tentatively express interest in hosting one of these
events, please add a comment here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup/permalink/2080273208870931/

Also, if you don't want to miss out on the vibrant daily global exchange on
using tech for civic good and open government, join in here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup

It really is quite an amazing community.

Thanks,
Steven Clift
http://stevenclift.com