[Air-L] Researchers studying blended/hybrid synchronous learning?

Lee, Mark malee at csu.edu.au
Wed Feb 7 11:28:32 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I am interested in connecting with folks who have an interest in researching learning designs and spaces for blended or hybrid synchronous learning, which essentially means teaching live classes involving a combination of face-to-face and online/distributed students. In this type of setup, technologies like video conferencing, web conferencing, virtual worlds, VR telepresence, telepresence robots, etc are used to bring the remotely located students into the on-campus classroom environment.

If you or someone you know has done and/or is doing work relating specifically to this area, please reach out to me off-list. I am especially keen to find researchers in the UK and wider Europe who are publishing/have published in the area to join an international group I am forming to explore grant funding possibilities, among other things; however, I would welcome contact from, and discussions with, people anywhere in the world. Currently, I do not know of anyone from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, or South America who has published on the topic of blended/hybrid synchronous learning.

Kind regards,

Mark J. W. Lee
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Education, Charles Sturt University, Australia
Visiting Faculty, Entertainment Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Email: malee[at]csu[dot]edu[dot]au