[Air-L] History of AIR-L

Nathanael Bassett nbasse2 at uic.edu
Fri Feb 9 08:05:49 PST 2018

Hi Joan,

Several students from UIC and and myself completed a white paper on the
growth of the community using both qualitative data from interviews as well
as an analysis of the listserv archive. I presented the results of this
study at AOIR 2016 in Berlin and we submitted the paper to the executive
committee. From what I understand, there were also students under Annette
Markham at Aarhus University doing something similar at that time as well.
The details are fuzzy since I haven’t looked at the information since
presenting it, but I’d be willing to share some of the public data on the
history of AOIR that I organized if it is helpful. Additionally, if you
wanted to see the rest of the paper it would be worth contacting Adrienne
Massanari or the executive committee from 2016. It’s possible Thomas
Kannampallil might have the historical data on the listserv itself.

--
Nathanael Bassett
PhD Candidate | Department of Communication