[Air-L] Researching the Researchers at AoIR2018

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Mon Feb 12 12:17:26 PST 2018

Greetings,

Given that AoIR2018 is being held in my backyard this year I am
contemplating attending and pursing an ethnographic study of Internet
researchers.

I am particularly interested in gathering impressions of what
researchers think the near future of the Internet (and society) is
headed, current trends in theory and method, and otherwise getting
inside the head of the Internet research community. Who are we, what do
we do, and why do we do it.

Along with the usual interviews and surveys I will likely use my video
camera to created a documentary on the researchers themselves.

I thought it would be fruitful to begin this research project by calling
on input from the AoIR community for suggestions on further research
questions.

So I'll kick off the project now with a call for input from list members.

Regards,

Dr. Michael Strangelove

University of Ottawa

Part-Time Wage Slave