[Air-L] EVE Online - The newest issue of the Journal for Virtual Worlds Research

Tzafnat Shpak tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Sun Jan 7 23:05:43 PST 2018

This special issue in the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research highlights the
ways that EVE scholarship has matured.
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=aadd5184d6&e=4ef1ac0778>
*EVE
Online*
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=3887d8381c&e=4ef1ac0778>
View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/8d18b72e2c53/y9xqtxkmg6-2790141?e=4ef1ac0778>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2b225249de&e=4ef1ac0778>

We are happy to announce the publication of a NEW ISSUE of the Journal of
Virtual Worlds Research (JVWR):
  Volume 10, Number 3: *EVE Online*

Issue editors: *Kelly Bergstrom*, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, USA
and *Marcus
Carter*, The University of Sydney, Australia.

This special issue in the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research highlights the
ways that EVE scholarship has matured. A sub-discipline within a
sub-discipline, writing about EVE no longer focuses just on what makes this
particular MMOG so different to the more mainstream online games and
virtual worlds, but now describes in fascinating depth the elements of this
virtual world that have taken 15 years of play to develop. As guest
editors, we are excited to share this collection as these five articles
exemplify the contributions that EVE Online scholarship will continue to
make long into the future.
Issue Editor Corner

Editorial
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=e56e3983e7&e=4ef1ac0778>
Kelly Bergstrom, Marcus Carter
Peer Reviewed Research Papers

Making Science Fiction Real: Neoliberalism, Real-Life and Esports in Eve
Online
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=190688fde6&e=4ef1ac0778>
Mark Richard Johnson, Robert Mejia

Scaling Technoliberalism for Massively Multiplayer Online Games
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=2de24a5176&e=4ef1ac0778>
Aleena Chia

To Win at Life: Tradition and Chinese Modernities in EVE Online
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=bfdb909c61&e=4ef1ac0778>
Richard Page

Is Betrayal in EVE Online Unethical?
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=17aef21877&e=4ef1ac0778>
Ian Gregory Brooks

Barbarians at the Imperium Gates: Organizational Culture and Change in EVE
Online
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=46f4a719eb&e=4ef1ac0778>
Nick Webber, Oskar Milik

------------------------------
More from JVWR
This publication is also an invitation for you, readers, to first explore
JVWR’s previous issues on our website, and then contribute as authors or
even as editors of future special issues. Issue editors take full charge of
one issue.

The next issue* Assembled issue* 2018, as all our assembled issues, is a
place for various papers, on the topic of the journal - that are being
collected during the year. Feel free to upload your research paper at any
time to our system here
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=81e7ee2835&e=4ef1ac0778>and
it will be considered as candidate for publication on Q1 2018.

Each issue is managed by one managing Issue Editor with an option for 2-3
co-editors. The managing issue editor is the prime contact person and the
leader behind it.

If you are interested, please visit For Issue Editors
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=0761558b33&e=4ef1ac0778>
page to learn more about becoming a JVWR editor, and send us a word.

Things you can do:

   - Browse JVWR's previous issues
   <https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c691d45724&e=4ef1ac0778>
   .
   - Subscribe
   <https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=785b957593&e=4ef1ac0778>
   to our mailing list (on the top left of the Journal of Virtual Worlds
   Research home page http://www.jvwresearch.org
   <https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=6b419c5bd8&e=4ef1ac0778>)
   to receive our news and updates (no spam guaranteed.)
   - Connect with us on twitter
   <https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=555beb69c2&e=4ef1ac0778>
   @TheJVWR and on our Facebook
   <https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=0f2cc5011d&e=4ef1ac0778>
   page (TheJVWR).

Thankfully,

*Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan* Editor In-Chief
  *The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research*
http://jvwresearch.org
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=4e2f838b0c&e=4ef1ac0778>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=c6fb66a1af&e=4ef1ac0778>

EVE Online
Vol. 10, No. 3
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=584862ae45&e=4ef1ac0778>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=76e01b4ef3&e=4ef1ac0778>
<https://jvwresearch.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=de4fa2a435382cb1fa67cb708&id=63746d93cf&e=4ef1ac0778>
*Copyright © 2018 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.*