[Air-L] Social semiotics on web sites - French texts

Daniel Jung jung at uib.no
Sun Jan 14 10:58:10 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for recent French texts (articles, book chapters, video
clips) about multimodality, and social semiotic discourse on web sites.
Ideally an analysis of a concrete web site, or a comparison, explaining
and theorizing the relationships between the different modes involved,
and their place in a cultural discourse (in the sense of Kress and van
Leeuwen).

So far, the closest I have come are the works of Nathalie Lacelle
(Quebec), and Sébastien Rouquette (Clermont-Ferrand), but their texts
are not ideal for my purpose. French texts in multimodality and
semiotics tend to be about literacy, second language acquisition and
didactical settings, and are often heavily text-based, which is not
really what I am after.

So I am gratefull for any help in identifying resources!

(Asking for a student).

Thanks,

Daniel Jung