[Air-L] Any research on "following" on platforms?

tiziano bonini tiziano.bonini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 09:33:52 PST 2018

I suggest the widely cited paper of Kate Crawford (2009) as a starting point

Following you: Disciplines of listening in social media
​.​
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10304310903003270

Tiziano

:

> Hello AoIR listers,
>
> Asking this list of generous scholars, has there been any research on
> the act of, or language around, "following" on platforms? Or what
> "following" means to users? Platform agnostic: Twitter, FB,
> SoundCloud, Insta, etc. Likewise, on "subscribing"?
>
> thanks much!
> Elizabeth
>
> PhD student in Communications, Columbia University
> ElizabethAnneWatkins.com

Tiziano Bonini
||| lecturer in media studies |||
DISPOC Dipartimento di Scienze Sociali, Politiche e Cognitive
Università degli studi di Siena
Via Roma 56,
53100 Siena

::: Academia :::