[Air-L] SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!!!: AoIR 2018: Transnational Materialities (Montréal, Canada 10 - 13 October 2018)

Andrew Herman aherman at wlu.ca
Wed Jan 17 03:38:15 PST 2018

We are pleased to open submissions for proposals for AoIR 2018: Transnational Materialities (Montréal, Canada 10 - 13 October 2018). To re-familiarize yourself with the call for proposals and types of submissions solicited, please see here: https://aoir.org/aoir2018/subinfo2018/.

Accepted paper and panel submissions will be included in our open access conference paper archive, Selected Papers of Internet Research (SPIR). SPIR helps us further publicize the work of our members and introduce our research to a wider audience. All submissions must therefore follow our SPIR formatting requirements, which includes a consistent header and style format for the papers that will enable people to easily locate author and title information, identify the papers as part of the AoIR conference. This format is only intended to bring consistency to basic elements (such as typeface and spacing), not to impose any disciplinary constraints. Please download and utilize the Word template here: https://aoir.org/aoir2018-submission-template/.

To learn more about how submissions are reviewed, please see here: https://aoir.org/sub_review_info_aoir2018/

Please note that if you submitted a proposal to the conference through ConfTool last year, you will need to re-register.

When submitting, please take the time to read the submission categories and topics carefully. In the interest of diversity and collegiality, each conference participant is limited to presenting one individual paper and one paper in a panel, and to participating in one roundtable for a maximum of three presenting appearances on the conference program. You can be a co-author on additional papers, but you must not be the scheduled presenter of these papers.

If you have any questions about the submission process, please email AoIRConfChair at aoir.org.

Click below to go to the submission site: https://www.conftool.com/aoir2018/.

We look forward to your proposals and to a vibrant and stimulating conference in Montreal!

Sincerely,

Andrew Herman

AoIR2018 Conference Chair, on behalf of the program committee

----

AoIR2018: Transnational Materialities

http://aoir.org/aoir2018/

Important Deadlines:

1 March 2018 Submissions due for PAPERS, PANELS, ROUNDTABLES and FISHBOWLS, EXPERIMENTAL SESSIONS, and PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS

1 April 2018 Nominations for Nancy Baym Book award and Best Dissertation Award due

20 May 2018 Applications due for conference travel SCHOLARSHIPS and for DOCTORAL COLLOQUIUM

1 August 2018 Early Bird Registration Deadline for ALL presenters

30 September 2018 Deadline for uploading accepted, non-blind, final version of paper and panel submissions

?