[Air-L] PhD studentships at CAMRI, University of Westminster

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at uti.at
Thu Jan 18 01:57:16 PST 2018

Communication and Media Research Institute (CAMRI) Research Studentships
in the Westminster School of Media, Arts and Design at the University of
Westminster

Three years, full time

£16,000 annual stipend plus fee waiver

A number of full-time University of Westminster Studentships are
available to candidates with either Home or Overseas fee status in any
area of Media and Communication starting in September 2018.

CAMRI  (the Communication and Media Research Institute) is one of the
leading research groups in media and communication, its work rated by
the UK Government’s 2014 Research Excellence Framework, as 52% 4* (world
leading), and 35% 3* (internationally excellent). We have over 20
research active staff and 50 PhD students. We have a wide and expanding
range of research interests, centered on three main research groups in
social media, media policy and industries and media history. We have
established centres for the study of the media in China, India, the Arab
world and Africa. In the broadest sense we are interested in the social,
economic, political and cultural significance of the media, and welcome
proposals from prospective students on these or any other topic related
to media and communication.

Eligible candidates will hold at least an upper second class honours
degree and a Master’s degree. Candidates whose secondary level education
has not been conducted in the medium of English should also demonstrate
evidence of appropriate English language proficiency, normally defined
as 6.5 in IELTS (with not less than 6.0 in any of the individual elements).

The Studentship consists of a fee waiver and a stipend of £16,000 per
annum. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake some teaching
duties.

Prospective candidates wishing to informally discuss an application
should contact Dr Anthony McNicholas, mcnichc at westminster.ac.uk and/or
Dr Alessandro D’Arma, A.Darma at westminster.ac.uk

The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 16 February 2018

For further information, including how to apply, please visit

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/research-degrees/research-areas/media-arts-and-design/research-studentships