[Air-L] Correction: CFP The Place I Call Research

Jaime García Iglesias garciaiglesiasjaime at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 01:26:20 PST 2018

Apologies for crossposting.
Our previous CFP message contained a typo in the url address of our page,
which is PLACEMCR2018.WORDPRESS.COM
Feel free to submit your abstracts by 26 March, 2018. We welcome
submissions for 15 minute papers from doctoral and masters’ students and
early-career researchers across multiple disciplines, especially sociology,
anthropology, economics, politics, geography, public health, and cultural
studies. Some of the conference’s key themes are:

- new and old spaces: queer, postcolonial and online contexts

- addressing changing political and social contexts in our research

- urban/rural dichotomies

- place ownership, no-place, and homelessness

- how social, cultural, and community challenges affect fieldwork

- developing community-specific methodologies and research questions

- how theories and knowledges are context-specific, as well as the
potential for trans-contextual research

Abstract submissions should be between 150 and 300 words and include five
keywords. Creative research methodologies are welcomed. Scholars are
encouraged to reflect on local engagement in their papers.