[Air-L] Critical/opinion papers/articles on user engagement

Lior Zalmanson zalmanson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 08:36:37 PDT 2018

Hello,

I'm teaching a seminar on "Understanding User Engagement" and while most
studies will be more empirical work on the nature of online user behavior,
I want to encourage discussions around critical notions of user engagement,
social media, and online participation.

I would love any recommendations you might have. Of course, I've added
thinkers such as Lovink and Lanier, but I'm looking for as many points of
view as possible, representing an array of cultures, genders, etc. They
don't have to be academic journal papers. Articles in Wired/Atlantic and
similar publications will be even better.

Looking forward and thank you in advance,

Dr. Lior Zalmanson, Assistant Professor
Dept. of Information and Knowledge Management
University of Haifa, Israel