[Air-L] For those attending ISA World Congress of Sociology

David Dueñas Cid david.duenas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 06:13:13 PDT 2018

Dear AOIRs,

I don't know if this is the place where to debate this issue, if not, just
tell me and I will find another way of doing so.

Next week will take place the ISA World Congress of Sociology in Toronto,
where I plan to take part with, I guess, many other members of this list of
distribution.

As it usually happens in big/generalistic conferences, checking the program
to find interesting presentations focused on internet and society
represents a big effort of patience. Commonly, internet scholars are widely
distributed in different Research Comittees, showing the diversity of our
researh topics and making difficult the connection between us. An
interesting congress schedule, as a result, means a complicated set of
overlapped presentations amongst which one needs to blind-decide what to
see and what to discard.

There, my debate/question/almost-proposition: *Does anybody feels like
trying to discuss something for next ISA conferences in order to gather
"Internet Sociology" scholars/contents? *

I am not aware of the internal processes of ISA, I do not know if it is
possible to create a new "Reserch Comittee" on this topic, or, even, if it
would be convenient. Or if, simply, we could think on different way of
organizing the information regarding this topic on ISA Conferences (having
some sort of inter-group label to identify the topic). Even that, I think
that it might be an interesting debate.

If there is some people interested, maybe we could:

*1) Use this mail as a discussion thread*
*2) Find a moment/place to meet in Toronto next week and talk face-to-face
about it.*

Best regards,

David Duenas-Cid

*Dr. David Dueñas-Cid *Researcher

*Tallinn University of Technology*

*Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance *Akadeemia tee 3

EE-12618 Tallinn