[Air-L] Facebook scraper for qualitative analysis

Alexandra Bahary alexandra.bahary at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:17:06 PDT 2018

Hi to all,

I've been trying to import data form a public Facebook group as dataset,
mainly for qualitative analysis. The group includes substantial amounts of
data with thousands of users. I would need to extract data (posts and
comments) for at least a two months period. I was previously using a NVivo
extension (NCapture) to do so, but Facebook recently changes its API, which
implies restrictions for dataset import. Tools such as Netvizz don't seem
to work at the moment as well.

I was wondering if you knew about other ways or ressources to make such a
gathering possible.

Best,
Alexandra