[Air-L] Seeking resources on A.I. and machine learning

Emma Stamm stamm at vt.edu
Tue Jul 24 14:17:46 PDT 2018

Dear AoIRists,

I am researching artificial intelligence and machine learning within the
framework of digital culture studies and philosophy of technoscience. Right
now, I am looking for articles that reflect current developments in AI & ML
programming that are suitable for non-STEM experts. Specifically, I am
interested in pieces that illuminate the ways in which generalization and
inductive/abductive reasoning are essential to algorithms that effectively
“predict” the future. However, more wide-ranging, introductory pieces would
also be helpful for me.

I am familiar with the work of Pedro Domingos, but do not know of many
other sources that suit my needs. Any recommendations would be very welcome.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Emma

--