[Air-L] Media and Communication: Special Open-Access Issue, "Video Games as Demanding Technologies"

Nicholas Bowman Nicholas.Bowman at mail.wvu.edu
Wed Jul 25 03:05:42 PDT 2018

Colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce that, in partnership with Cogitatio Press, we are now accepting abstracts for theoretical and empirical manuscripts (including pre-registered reports) for a special issue of Media and Communication entitled "Video Games as Demanding Technologies." The issue seeks out research into the cognitive, emotional, physical, and socially demanding elements of video games and related research into digital works and other interactive technologies (such as virtual and augmented reality). Abstract submissions are due no later than 28 February 2019, with a publication data expected at the end of 2019. Complete details, including Cogitatio's open-access fee schedule, can be found online: https://www.cogitatiopress.com/mediaandcommunication/pages/view/nextissues#videogames

Sincerely,

~nick

/ Nicholas David Bowman, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication Studies
Research Associate, Interaction Lab (#ixlab)
Faculty Senator, Eberly College of Arts and Sciences
West Virginia University
210L Armstrong Hall
Morgantown, WV 26506
Nicholas.Bowman at mail.wvu.edu<mailto:Nicholas.Bowman at mail.wvu.edu>