[Air-L] Readings and book for social media undergraduate course

Christopher Cwynar cwynar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:10:15 PDT 2018

I have experienced good results using Simon Lindgren's Digital Media &
Society for a 200-level UG course that provides a critical introduction to
this subject matter. Lindgren's book boasts clear explanations of concepts
and tangible examples that are relevant (at least, as of this moment).

Chris

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 7:05 PM Steve Collins <stephen.collins at mq.edu.au>
wrote:

> Hi Teresa
>
> I can recommend 'Social Media: Communication, Sharing and Visibility' by
> Graham Meikle and 'Social Media: A Critical Introduction' by Christian
> Fuchs.
>
> best
> steve
>
> On 3 July 2018 at 08:43, Teresa Gil Lopez <tgillopez at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>
> > Dear community,
> >
> > I'd be grateful to receive some good advice.
> >

> > I’ll be teaching an undergraduate course on social media and would like
> > hear some recommendations on books (manuals) and articles to build my
> > syllabus.
> >
> > I’d also appreciate any suggestions of film segments, videos, or
> > analytical tools to use in class assignments.
> >

> > Thank you,
> > <
> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/B56rCYW86EsL5zPYcMkGaR?domain=listserv.aoir.org

> > http://www.aoir.org/
> > <
> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ZCO6CZY146s5z3yvCPz0Pf?domain=aoir.org>
> >

> --
> *Dr Steve Collins*
> Senior Lecturer in Multimedia
> Department of Media, Music, Communication & Cultural Studies
> Macquarie University
>
> P: (02) 9850 2165
> W: http://bit.ly/122QivW
> L: Y3A 191D