[Air-L] Readings and book for social media undergraduate course

Philippa Smith philippa.smith at aut.ac.nz
Mon Jul 2 17:58:12 PDT 2018

Hi Teresa -

Depending on your approach here are some books I've found useful:

Page, R., Barton, D., Unger, J & Zappavigna, M.  (2014). Researching language and social media : a student guide. New York, New York : Routledge.

Baym, N. (2010). Personal connections in the digital age. Cambridge, U.K. ; Malden, Mass. : Polity

Rettberg, J.  (2014). Seeing Ourselves Through Technology; How We Use Selfies, Blogs and Wearable Devices to See and Shape Ourselves.  Palgrave Macmillan. This is an open access book  that you can find here http://jilltxt.net/

Philippa

Philippa Smith
Senior Lecturer
ICDC