[Air-L] Articles on Facebook Groups

Johan Farkas johan.farkas at mau.se
Fri Jun 1 02:47:52 PDT 2018

Dear Kat,

A bit of a late reply from me.

I can highly recommend this article on Facebook groups:
Langlois, G., Elmer, G., Mckelvey, F., & Devereaux, Z. (2009). Networked publics: The double articulation of code and politics on Facebook. Canadian Journal of Communication, 34(3), 415–434.

Personally, I published a study last year with Christina Neumayer of a Danish Facebook group, contesting fake hate profiles:

Farkas, J. & Neumayer, C. (2017). ‘Stop Fake Hate Profiles on Facebook’: Challenges for crowdsourced activism on social media, First Monday, 22(9). http://dx.doi.org/10.5210/fm.v22i9.8042

Hope this can be helpful.

Sincerely,

- Johan

Johan Farkas

PhD Fellow

Malmö University

YECREA Representative (C&D Section)

Mail: johan.farkas at mau.se

Phone: +46 (0)76 583 08 54

--- Latest article ---

Farkas, J. & Schwartz, S.A. (2018). Please Like, Comment and Share our Campaign! How Social Media Managers for Danish Political Parties Perceive User-Generated Content. Nordicom Review. Advance online publication. http://www.nordicom.gu.se/sv/system/tdf/kapitel-pdf/10.2478_nor-2018-0008.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=39413