[Air-L] Online Automated Interview Transcription Service

Julian Hopkins julian.hopkins at monash.edu
Wed Jun 13 17:58:29 PDT 2018

Hi All,

It seems that voice recognition technology has finally become useful enough
to usefully help with transcribing interviews.

I just thought I would share this service that I have found to be
extraordinarily useful: https://www.temi.com/

They do speech to text transcription and you can listen and edit the
transcript online also. Then download everything. It does a surprisingly
good job of recognising words even in less than perfect conditions
(background noise, accents). Although too much background noise still
impedes it.

The first transcription is free, then afterwards it's a reasonable US 10
cents per minute.

There may well be others that are similar and are just as good, but I don't
know of them.

Regards,
Julian

---
*DR JULIAN HOPKINS*
Senior Lecturer in Communication
Undergraduate Coordinator

School of Arts & Social Sciences
Building 2, Level 6, Room 16 (2-6-16)
Monash University Malaysia
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Bandar Sunway
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia

T: +60 3 5514 4920
E: julian.hopkins at monash.edu
W: sass.monash.edu.my <http://www.sass.monash.edu.my/>

*Your reaction is more important than who is right.*