[Air-L] WOC/FEMMES JOB MARKET STUDY RECRUITMENT

Apryl Williams apryl.a.w at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 11:51:05 PDT 2018

*Greetings! We are writing to invite people of color to participate in our
research project exploring the academic job market experiences of cisgender
and transgender women of color and nonbinary femmes/people of color who
attended graduate school and/or applied for jobs within the United States
in the last five years (since the 2013-2014 school year). We are also
interested in people who are entering the job market this year (2018-2019).
We are particularly interested in any experiences of microaggressions and
how cisgender and transgender women of color and non-binary femmes/people
of color prepared for, and coped with, being on the job market. Several
studies have addressed the microaggressions and marginalized positions of
women and people of color in academia, primarily as enrolled graduate
students or employed full-time faculty. We hope to discover more details
about the experiences of people of color seeking academic positions and
what kinds of networks/knowledge are produced in order to better facilitate
success and professionalization on the job market. Participation in our
study consists of completing this survey
https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bEqukQUiEvV0s6h
<https://fsu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bEqukQUiEvV0s6h> and circulating
this survey to colleagues of color who may be in our target population (we
would like to hear from people in as many disciplines as possible). If you
have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact the
researchers: *

*Dr. Apryl A. Williams (570-372-4758, williamsaa at susqu.edu
<williamsaa at susqu.edu>)  *

*Dr. Shantel G. Buggs (850-645-1730, sbuggs at fsu.edu <sbuggs at fsu.edu>)Thank
you very much for your help! *
--
Apryl Williams <https://aprylwilliams.com/>, PhD
Assistant Professor | Sociology | Susquehanna University