[Air-L] CfP for Twitter: Global Perspectives, Uses and Criticisms
robineber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 11:59:44 PDT 2018
Kindly bring to the notice of Internet researchers to this call. Thanks.
*CALL FOR PAPERS: Nova Science Publishers’ Edited Collection on Twitter
Contributors are invited to submit abstracts (about 200 words) toward our
new edited collection *Twitter: Global Perspectives, Uses and Criticisms*
with Nova Science (New York, USA). We are interested in new research and
perspectives on, as well as criticisms of Twitter communication.
Topics being covered (though not limited to these) include:
· *Perspectives and concepts in Twitter communication*
· *Methods & techniques in Twitter studies/research*
· *Practices and uses of Twitter (e.g. business, journalism,
· *Activism, campaigning and political discourse on Twitter*
· *Criticisms and the future of Twitter*
*Kindly note the following important dates*
*Abstract Submission: March 15th 2018 – May 30th 2018*
*Chapter Submission: June 1st 2018 – August 30th 2018*
The contributions for this edited book are intended to range from
4,000-10,000 words (chapters over 10,000 words can be updated by the author
for the e-version of their chapter). If you are interested in
participating, please consult the *Notes for Contributors* below.
Publication will be about *3-9 months* after the close of the volume.
Please, send your chapter proposals/chapters to:
innocent.chiluwa at covenantuniversity.edu.ng and/or gwen.bouvier at mu.ie
*Notes for Edited Book Chapter Contributors*
1. There is no charge for inclusion in the published book. An auxiliary
service is available for any authors interested in Open Access. Open Access
makes the chapter visible free of charge to anyone in the world who has
2. There are no page charges for black and white figures and illustrations
submissions provided they are sent to Nova with the source files. Color
illustrations are billed at the current rate.
3. A free copy of the e-book version of the book is sent to the
first-listed contributor of each chapter. Additional copies are available
at a 20% discount. Publication in digital form takes place at approximately
the same time as the printed version.
4. The scientific community is the intended audience. Books are marketed by
direct mail, space ads, review copies, online bookstore postings and by our
5. The choice of theme and approach are at the discretion of the author but
preliminary acceptance is only upon submission of the draft abstract. The
line-up of chapters is a constantly changing landscape since discussions,
commitments and submissions continue on a daily basis right up to and
sometimes beyond the close of each volume.
6. An abstract in the following form is required consisting of: 1. 150-500
words; 2. Author affiliations; and 3. Estimated date of chapter submission
and Copyright Transfer. Please include the abstract as part of an email and
not as an attachment if possible. Acceptance of topics is based partially
on which topics have already been accepted for particular volumes. The
reply to the draft abstract will contain details about reference styles and
other relevant technical details. A reply and decision may be expected
within 7 days if the word Abstract is contained within the Subject Line of
7. Co-authors may be invited by you at your discretion without discussion
8. Copyright is transferred to Nova via email. Another form will be sent
via email along with the electronic page proofs.
9. Personalized chapter offprints are available.
10. MS Word 2003 or Latex are the preferred input programs for text. When
submitting your manuscript, please indicate the program you used (i.e., MS
Word 2003) in the text of your email accompanying the attached manuscript.
If Latex, Nova requests use of the Nova macro. The Nova macros are
available from the Nova Website under the tab For Authors. This is
ARTICLE.STY set at 5.5 inches (13.97 cm) and letter size (not A4 paper).
Please try to use outside justified page headers. If you would like to add
any packages to this macro beyond those already specified, it is *mandatory
*that the corresponding .sty files be submitted with the chapter. Nova
currently uses the Windows Operating System.
11. The chapter must be edited for English prior to submission. Nova can
provide editorial assistance if required. A list of optional editorial
services is available upon request.
*Professor of Language & Digital Communications*
*Humboldt Fellow & Digital Expert*
*Department of Languages & General Studies*
*Covenant University, OTA, Nigeria*
+234 8033536952; +234 8053240496
More information about the Air-L