[Air-L] Tool to extract Facebook comment thread

Sukaina Ehdeed smtehdeed1 at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 07:56:03 PDT 2018

Hello Dina,

I suggest DiscoverText tool. I used it to collect Facebook comments and
posts from public Facebook pages.

Best,

On 13 March 2018 at 14:04, NORDIANA BINTI AHMAD KHARMAN SHAH . <
dina at um.edu.my> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Can anyone suggests any good online tools that can help extract the
> Facebook comments, I tried the Crazy Comment Export Tool but it doesn't
> works.
>
> Appreciate your thoughts!
>
> --
> Best wishes,
>
> Dina
>
> *Nordiana Ahmad Kharman Shah, **Ph.D (Sheffield)*
> Department of Library & Information Science
> Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
> University Malaya
> 50603 Kuala Lumpur
> Email: dina at um.edu.my
> CV: https://umexpert.um.edu.my/dina.html
> Website: www.fsktm.um.edu.my
> Tel: +603-79676417
>
> orcid.org/0000-0001-7461-2462
> Editorial Board Menber of *Malaysian Journal of Library & Information
> Science <https://ejournal.um.edu.my/index.php/MJLIS>*
>
> *"The impossible possible" *
>
> *"It is not enough to be compassionate - you must act." - The Dalai Lama*
>
> *"To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart
> and a free mind." -Pearl S. Buck*
>
> --
> " PENAFIAN: E-mel ini dan apa-apa fail yang dikepilkan bersamanya ("Mesej")
> adalah ditujukan hanya untuk kegunaan penerima(-penerima) yang termaklum di
> atas dan mungkin mengandungi maklumat sulit. Anda dengan ini dimaklumkan
> bahawa mengambil apa jua tindakan bersandarkan kepada, membuat penilaian,
> mengulang hantar, menghebah, mengedar, mencetak, atau menyalin Mesej ini
> atau sebahagian daripadanya oleh sesiapa selain daripada
> penerima(-penerima) yang termaklum di atas adalah dilarang. Jika anda telah
> menerima Mesej ini kerana kesilapan, anda mesti menghapuskan Mesej ini
> dengan segera dan memaklumkan kepada penghantar Mesej ini menerusi balasan
> e-mel. Pendapat-pendapat, rumusan-rumusan, dan sebarang maklumat lain di
> dalam Mesej ini yang tidak berkait dengan urusan rasmi Universiti Malaya
> adalah difahami sebagai bukan dikeluar atau diperakui oleh mana-mana pihak
> yang disebut.
>

> DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is
> intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain
> confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any
> action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination,
> distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by
> anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message
> immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions
> and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official
> business of University of Malaya shall be understood as neither given nor
> endorsed by any of the forementioned. "

Sukaina Ehdeed
PhD Student, Information School, University of Sheffield, UK
Lecturer, Dept of Library and Information Science, University of Tripoli,
Libya