[Air-L] CFP: ICWSM 2018 Social Media Research Ethics Workshop

Casey Lynn Fiesler Casey.Fiesler at Colorado.EDU
Wed Mar 14 13:07:45 PDT 2018

Hello all!

As the next in a series of sociotechnical research ethics workshops I've helped organize over a number of years, there is a half-day workshop taking place at ICWSM (the international conference on web and social media) at Stanford in June. We are particularly interested in diverse perspectives, and examining the trade-offs of ethical decision-making. We invite even lightweight statements of interest as proposals - we would just love as many voices in the room as possible!

Exploring Ethical Trade-offs in Social Media Research

Organizers: Casey Fiesler, Stevie Chancellor, Katie Shilton, Jessica Vitak, Michael Zimmer

Submissions Deadline: April 5
Notifications By: April 19
Workshop: June 25 in Stanford, CA

More information: https://sociotechethics.wordpress.com/icwsm-2018/

Feel free to ping me with any questions!

---

Casey Fiesler

Assistant Professor, Department of Information Science

University of Colorado Boulder

www.caseyfiesler.com<http://www.caseyfiesler.com>

@cfiesler<http://www.twitter.com/cfiesler>