[Air-L] CFP: ICWSM 2018 Bridging the Lab and the Field

Dominic Difranzo dominic at difranzo.com
Thu Mar 15 09:46:07 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We're excited to announce a new ICWSM 2018 research methods workshop titled "Bridging the Lab and the Field"! Organized by members of the Cornell Social Media Lab (Dr. Dominic DiFranzo and Dr. Natalie Bazarova), the Stanford Social Media Lab (Dr. Jeff Hancock), and the Media Effects Research Lab at Penn State (Dr. Shyam Sundar), the workshop will explore the methodological middle ground between the field and the lab.

We'll discuss innovative techniques that bridge experimental and observational research, the tradeoffs between external and internal validity, and the challenges for designing and running these types of studies.

We're open to submissions on a wide variety of topics and with a wide variety of applications. We hope you'll consider joining us!

You can find more information, including deadlines and submission instructions, on our website: https://sites.google.com/view/icwsmlabfield <https://sites.google.com/view/icwsmlabfield>

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!

Dominic DiFranzo
Postdoctoral Associate
Cornell Social Media Lab