[Air-L] ACM RecSys'18: Call for Industry Talk Proposals

Yong Zheng yzheng66 at iit.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:40:15 PST 2018

*Call for Industry Talk Proposals*
ACM RecSys 2018
Vancouver, Canada,7th October 2018
 https://recsys.acm.org/recsys18/

We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Twelfth ACM Conference
on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2018), the premier venue for research and
applications of recommendation technologies. ACM RecSys 2018 will be held
in Vancouver, Canada, from October 3rd to October 6th, 2018. The conference
will continue RecSys’ practice of connecting the research and practitioner
communities to exchange ideas, discuss problems, and share solutions.

Industry practitioners are invited to submit talk proposals to the RecSys
conference industry track. This track seeks presentations about challenges
and practical solutions to significant real-world issues faced by industry
practitioners. We encourage submissions that describe substantial
challenges that were overlooked by the research community and your
promising new approaches that could foster discussion and collaboration. We
also recognize that diverse speaker backgrounds and topics facilitate
richer discussions at the conference, therefore we especially encourage
women and under-represented colleagues to submit talk proposals.

Examples of talk topics include, but are not limited to:

   - Challenges faced by practitioners that are under-studied in the
   research community and practical solutions
   - Novel techniques that solve significant issues in practice
   - Case studies of real-world implementations
   - Evaluation metrics and studies
   - Field and user studies
   - Lessons learned from real world deployments
   - Novel recommender system applications

Note that although industry talks are solicited separately, we expect to
create a combined single track program from both accepted papers and
industry talks in 2018 Recsys. Furthermore, selected proposals should be
accompanied by a poster for the conference.

* PROPOSAL FORMAT AND SUBMISSION*

We are accepting proposals for Industry talks under 20min(exact length
TBD). Proposals must include the following:

   - Title and abstract of the proposal presentation (1 page)
   - Short CV of the presenter(s) (up to 300 words)

Talk proposals should be emailed to industry2018 at recsys.acm.org.

* IMPORTANT DATES*

Proposals must be submitted before the submission deadline of May 7th,
2018 to receive full consideration.

Submitters will be notified of talk acceptance or rejection by July 9th,
2018.

* INDUSTRY CHAIRS*

   - Alexandros Karatzoglou <https://alexiskz.wordpress.com/>, Telefonica
Research, Spain