[Air-L] Social media (methods) literature list: ethnography, ethics, algorithms, overload, archive

Daniel Kunzelmann kunzelmann.daniel at yahoo.de
Thu May 3 05:12:12 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I recently asked this Air-L for some literature advice on the following
5 themes:

1. Ethnographic-driven overviews/articles

2. Ethics (privacy vs. publicness)

3. Interacting with algorithms as a researcher ("my timeline is not your
timeline")

4. Strategies to deal with ethnograhic information "overload"

5. Social media as an archive (Historical methods)

Here are the results:
https://danielderkunzelmann.piratenpad.de/socialmediaethnoenglish. Point
3 (algorithms) and 4 (ethnographic overload) seem to be the points where
little literature exists (or simply little interest). For any further
recommendations on 3 + 4 just write me and I update this list once again.

Thanks all of you for your contributions! Of course, feel free to use
this list for your own purpose :)

all the best,
Daniel
https://unibas.academia.edu/DanielKunzelmann