[Air-L] Request for Botnet expertise

Tim Squirrell timsquirrell at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:52:52 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Apologies if this constitutes spamming the list, but I'm not sure where
else to turn.

I'm working on a potential news story about a hashtag related to a current
affairs story that I suspect is being run by a botnet, which in turn may be
owned by a state (not Russia!) or similar actor looking to cause mischief.
Finding iron-clad proof of this is quite difficult, and so I'm looking to
talk to someone who has some expertise in the area of botnets who might be
willing to talk to me and my collaborators and possibly go on the record
about whether they think our hypothesis is correct.

If you are someone who fits this description, or know anyone who might,
please do let me know ASAP. There is something of a time pressure on it,
given the nature of the story.

--

Tim Squirrell

PhD Candidate & Senior Tutor, Sociology 1A & 1B

Department of Science and Technology Studies, School of Social and
Political Sciences

University of Edinburgh

+44(0)7580211830 <+44%207580%20211830>

tsquirre at ed.ac.uk