[Air-L] Memes Globally

JCL1019 jcl1019 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:28:11 PDT 2018

 Greetings all,

I am a doctoral candidate studying memes and meme cultures, but I worry
that I have a particularly United States-centric bias to the memes and
"memescapes" that I regularly observe and visit. I have done some work to
reach out to online communities primarily based in China and Taiwan, but I
have had mixed results.

I am hoping the multinational AoIR community could help me expand my scope
to include other "memescapes" or even particular memes that members might
see as particularly reflective of other national contexts. Are there sites
or communities specific to national cultures that I should investigate? Or
are there resources that might compile a variety of resources worth
investigating? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Cameron Lindsey!
Doctoral Student & Assistant Instructor
Managing Editor, *Flow Journal <http://www.flowjournal.org/>*