[Air-L] Final Reminder: CFP Mediating Change Conference - deadline May 25

Jacqueline Vickery jvickery183 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:50:03 PDT 2018

 *MEDIATING CHANGE CONFERENCE*
*Date:* November 1 & 2, 2018
*Where*: University of North Texas
*Submission* *Deadline**: May 25, 2018*
Full CFP & details on our website: https://www.mediatingchange
conference.com/

*Goal*

This interdisciplinary conference focuses on the roles of media in creating
a more equitable, inclusive, sustainable, and just society. The goal is to
bring scholars, media practitioners, educators, and/or activists together
in one space so that we can all learn from and about each other’s research,
creative projects, tools, and strategies.

*Submissions*

We are seeking submissions in 3 categories: paper
presentations/pre-constituted panels, workshops, and creative exhibitions.
See website for submission details.

*Scope*

Anyone whose work focuses on the intersections of media and justice is
invited to apply; we are particularly interested in research, creative
projects, pedagogy, and activism with a specific local or regional focus.
We are also interested in collaborative and community-based research or
creative projects; we encourage workshops and panels that include diverse
populations including students, youth, and community leaders.

We are conceptualizing both media and justice in the broadest senses of the
words.

We are open to media forms and practices that include, but are not limited
to:

   - film, TV, podcasts or radio programs, digital and social media,
   webisodes, advertising and PR campaigns, mediated performances, augmented
   reality, video games, photography, zines, etc.

Because we are interested in changes on multiple levels and in various
sectors, we are conceptualizing justice to include issues such as but not
limited to:

   - intersectional social justice (e.g. gender, ethnicity, sexuality,
   religion, ability), environmental justice, youth justice, criminal justice,
   immigration justice, media industry practices, representational inclusivity
   and equity, etc.

Please circulate widely and don't hesitate to reach out if you have
questions: MediatingChangeConference at gmail.com