[Air-L] British Academy Global Professorship at CAMRI

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at uti.at
Fri Nov 9 03:40:16 PST 2018

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/news-and-events/news/2018/british-academy-global-professorships-now-open-for-outstanding-international-researchers

The Communication and Media Resarch Institute (CAMRI,
http://www.camri.ac.uk) and the University of Westminster are keen to
consider eligible applications from outstanding international
researchers not currently working in the United Kingdom, to bring their
research experience to the UK and to advance our research goals through
a Professorship with the University.

The University of Westminster has a proud tradition of global
collaboration. We are ranked in the top 30 in the world for
‘International Outlook’ (Times Higher Education Young University
Ranking, 2017 and 2018), and are committed to engaging with world-class,
internationally recognised scholars.

The British Academy Global Professorships are four-year appointments
expected to involve a specific research focus and represent a complete
project.

To apply, eligible applicants for this scheme must first submit an
Expression of Interest to the University, available below, describing
their research proposal and why they have selected the University of
Westminster as their host institution. Successful candidates will be
supported by Westminster through the British Academy application process.

Applications will be considered on the basis of research excellence: the
scholarly importance of the project; the feasibility of the proposed
research programme, especially the proposed methodology and timescale;
and the match with our own research goals and strategy. Successful
candidates will need to demonstrate in their CV a clear research
trajectory and international standing in their field.

All applicants will need to identify a University of Westminster
supporter prior to submitting their application. You should discuss your
application with your supporter. We will not be able to consider an
application submitted without a supporter.

Before writing an application, we recommend that you check the British
Academy Global Professorship Guidance Notes and FAQs, which you can
download below, for guidance on how the British Academy reviews and
evaluates Professorship applications.

Please note: that guidance documents for 2018/19 have not yet been
published, and the links provided are to information for a previous
round. Applicants should check the British Academy site for this year’s
guidance which will be published closer to the scheme launch date.

Interested candidates should please first contact CAMRI directors
Christian Fuchs and Anastasia Kavada - c.fuchs at westminster.ac.uk,
A.Kavada at westminster.ac.uk

--
Prof. Christian Fuchs