[Air-L] Wayback Machine for Content Analysis

Alla Rybina alla.rybina at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:40:08 PST 2018

Dear all,
I seek help in terms of policies and research practices related to Internet
Archive Wayback Machine and the use of the content available through it for
Content Analysis of news published online.

Particularly, I am interested in news media content that was archived and
is available through Wayback Machine but is absent through the link of a
specific newsmedia.

   -  Can content available through Wayback Machine be treated as let's
   content of any other media archive (like Mediearkivet in Sweden)?
   - Should I have any kind of permission from a newsroom for that content
   that has been captured by the Wayback Machine but is no longer available on
   the news media website?
   - What are (if any) copyright problems related to the news content
   available through Wayback Machine?

Any tips, advice as well as literature (research articles on the usage of
the Wayback Machine for content analysis of news) are WELCOME!

Thank you!

*Alla Rybina*
PhD Candidate

University of Gothenburg
The Department of Journalism, Media and Communication

Box 710, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Tel. +46 70 019 40 57

Twitter: @Rybina_Alla <https://twitter.com/Rybina_Alla>