[Air-L] Data Feminism – open for public peer review

Catherine D'Ignazio catherine_dignazio at emerson.edu
Fri Nov 16 03:29:01 PST 2018

Hello all -

I'm co-author (with Lauren Klein of Georgia Tech) of the book *Data
Feminism. *The book will be coming out in 2020 with MIT Press but we are
doing an experiment with MIT's PubPub to open up the first draft for
online, public peer review, and it's just gone live:

https://bookbook.pubpub.org/data-feminism

*Data Feminism* shows how feminist thinking can be applied to work towards
more ethical and equitable data science and communication practices. It is
oriented to a general audience and is driven by stories, cases and examples.

The commenting period on PubPub is open until Jan 7th, 2019.

We would be very thankful for this community's feedback.

Best wishes from snow in Boston,
Catherine

--
Catherine D'Ignazio