[Air-L] Short internet ethnography suggestions

Jamie JH Coates j.coates at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 06:20:12 PST 2018

Hi Eleanor

My paper might also be of interest to you. It is an ethnography of a
particular viral moment among young Chinese people in Japan and how these
sorts of events might complicate our understanding of virality.

Coates, J (2017) ‘So Hot Right Now: reflections on virality and sociality
from transnational digital China’ Digital Culture and Society 3(2)

Cheers
Jamie

Lecturer in East Asian Studies
School of East Asian Studies (SEAS)
University of Sheffield

Please note, even if you have received this message outside of business
hours (Mon-Fri, 9-5), I do not expect you to respond outside of your
working schedule

Recent films:
Coates, J (2018) ‘Tokyo Pengyou’, Journal of Anthropological Films 2 see
http://boap.uib.no/index.php/jaf/article/view/1538/1319

Recent publications:

Mostafanezhad M, Coates J, and Coates, J (2018) ‘Journeys from the East:
The Geopolitics of Film Motivated Chinese Tourism,’ with Mary Mostafanezhad
The International Journal of Tourism Anthropology 6(3)

Coates, J (2018) ‘Ikebukuro In-Between: Mobility and the formation of the
Yamanote’s heterotopic borderland’ Japan Forum. 30(2)