[Air-L] A digital divide resource for educators with a Canadian focus

David Brake davidbrake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:16:42 PDT 2018

Dear all,

To prepare for an upcoming course at the University of Alberta I have assembled a set of recent resources on digital divides for my students to refer to - selected survey-based statistics on internet and social media use in Canada, supplemented by a few major US, UK and global links and a bit of context on internet use in the territories (the far North of Canada) where there seems to be very little survey data. I hope you will find it useful for your own courses - I have shared it with you with “commenting” enabled in case you have comments or further resources to suggest - particularly, of course, Canadian ones. I know it is nothing like comprehensive in its non-Canadian data sources but if I have missed anything huge let me know. While the document I have shared is concentrating on sources of data, I would be interested separately if you could recommend by email recent scholarly articles that provide an overview of Canadian digital divide issues.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qDDAw0KYuxGkzmvSjyODZTv3pb3KUq1QVog1G7iD4mA/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,

Dr David Brake, Researcher and Educator http://davidbrake.org/, @drbrake
Author of "Sharing Our Lives Online: Risks and Exposure in Social Media” https://www.facebook.com/sharingourlivesonline <https://www.facebook.com/sharingourlivesonline>